June 25, 2013
Launch of Soyuz 2-1B with Resurs-P1 on board
June 25 at 21 hours 28 minutes Moscow time from the Baikonur launch facility Baikonur pl.31 was launched missile launch vehicle (LV), Soyuz-2.1b with the spacecraft (SC) Resource-P.
In accordance with cyclogram flight 21 hours 38 minutes Resource-P separated from the third stage of the Soyuz-2.1b and launched into the desired orbit.
Spacecraft Resource-P is designed and manufactured "TsSKB Progress" and is designed for remote sensing (RS) and the transmission of the data over the air to the ground complex planning target application, receiving, processing and dissemination of remote sensing data for a wide range of targets in the interests of its customers - the Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Emergency Situations, Ministry of Agriculture, Fishery Agency, Meteorological, and the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography of Russia.
Remote sensing data obtained by space complex Resource-P, will be used to solve problems:
- Inventory and monitoring of natural resources (agricultural and forest land, pasture, fishing areas seafood Cadastre) and control business processes to ensure the rational activity in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, water and other sectors of the economy;
- Monitoring of the emergency zones in order to pre-empt the development of natural disasters, accidents, and to assess their implications for planning remediation.
- Provide data for compiling and updating the general geographic, topographic and thematic maps of various scales;
- Control of pollution and degradation of the environment, including environmental monitoring in areas of exploration and mining operations, the identification and study of environmental pollution,
- Control of water conservation and protected areas;
- Information support for search of oil, natural gas, ore and other mineral deposits;
- Control of development of territories, to obtain data for engineering evaluation areas for the benefit of economic activity;
- Information provision laying roads and major buildings, roads, railways, oil and gas pipelines, communication systems;
- The detection of illicit drug cultivation and control of their destruction;
- Assess the ice conditions.
Information obtained from satellite Resource-P, can also be used to promote international cooperation in the field of Russian control and protection of the environment and other pressing problems of remote sensing of the Earth.
ROSCOSMOS Press Release: http://www.federalspace.ru/main.php?id=2&nid=20178
Image, Video, Text, Credits: Press Service of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos PAO) / Tsenki.com / Translation: Orbiter.ch Aerospace.