lundi 31 août 2020

Rocket Lab - Electron “I Can't Believe It's Not Optical” launch













Rocket Lab - Electron “I Can't Believe It's Not Optical” patch.

August 31, 2020

Electron “I Can't Believe It's Not Optical” launch

Rocket Lab’s Electron launch vehicle launched the “I Can't Believe It's Not Optical” mission from Launch Complex 1 on Mahia Peninsula, New Zealand, on 31 August 2020, at 03:05 UTC (15:05 NZT).

Electron “I Can't Believe It's Not Optical” launch

“I Can’t Believe It’s Not Optical” is a dedicated mission for Capella Space with the payload “Sequoia”, a single 100 kg class microsatellite which will be the first publicly available satellite in the company’s commercial Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) constellation. The mission is Electron’s 14th launch.

Sequoia (Capella) satellite

A Rocket Lab Electron rocket launches on its 14th flight with the Sequoia radar observation satellite for Capella Space, a commercial remote sensing company. Rocket Lab nicknamed the launch “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Optical” in reference to Capella’s synthetic aperture radar technology. Delayed from Aug. 26 and Aug. 28 due to weather.

Rocket Lab: https://www.rocketlabusa.com/

Capella Space: https://www.capellaspace.com/

Images, Video, Text, Credits: Image and video courtesy of Rocket Lab/SciNews/Capella Space/Orbiter.ch Aerospace/Roland Berga.

Best regards, Orbiter,ch